Create Teams for Collaboration in Hoppscotch
Hoppscotch is an open-source API development ecosystem.
Today we’re launching Teams Collaboration support [public beta] in Hoppscotch.
✅ Unlimited teams
✅ Unlimited shared collections
✅ Unlimited team members
✅ Role-based access control
✅ Cloud sync
✅ Multiple devices
Hoppscotch is a collaborative API development tool that helps you test, save and share APIs, from any device. You can use Hoppscotch Teams to have an instant API development environment with members of your team or collaborators outside your organization. You can make shared collections, set role-based access control, test, save and share APIs in real-time.
- Create teams for shared API collections.
- Create an org-wide team for communication with everyone across your organization.
- Create teams for specific projects and apply the right amount of protection based on who should be included.
- Create specific teams for communication with external users to keep them separate from anything sensitive for your business.
For example, a start-up, enterprise firm, or SaaS company could create the following teams:
- A business-, firm-, or practice-wide team: This is for everyone to use for day-to-day communications and work across your business. You can use this team to share public APIs or share information of interest for your whole firm or practice.
- Individual teams: Set up teams for smaller groups to collaborate about their day-to-day work.
- An external communications team or teams: Coordinate with your vendors, partners, or clients without allowing them into anything sensitive. Set up different collections for specific groups.
Set it up
Create a team for just the development team and testers, or product manager and head of departments in just two easy steps:
- Click “Invite” on the top-right corner > Select a team
- Add team members email and set permissions > Click “Invite”
That’s it, you’ve successfully created a team and sent invites to your team members. Ask your team members to check their inbox to accept the invitation from the email received from Hoppscotch.
NOTE: Team owners can revoke pending invitations from the “Invite window”
Roles are used to controlling access to the shared collections.
- OWNER: Owners can add, edit, and delete requests, collections, and team members.
- EDITOR: Editors can add, edit, and delete collections and requests.
- VIEWER: Viewers can only view and use requests.
Follow the project on GitHub for more product updates.
We’ll be focusing on every life cycle of API development:
In two years, Hoppsotch has grown to:
- 500,000+ users
- 33,000+ GitHub Stars
- 25,000+ users/mo
Starting with Hoppscotch for Teams — we’re laying the foundation to build a truly open, transparent, and flexible API development tool.
Our roadmap aligns with this vision.
Join us — we’re hiring!
Join our journey to build Hoppscotch for an API-first software era.
We’re hiring in the product, engineering, and design teams.